The World Affairs Council of Charlotte is pleased to announce the Council Scholar Award Program for the 2016-2017 school year. This signature WACC international education initiative offers a unique opportunity for selected educators to travel out of the country and bring their experiences abroad home to their school community in North Carolina.
The 2016-2017 Council Scholar Award Program is generously supported by the following education partners:
We are looking for internationally-minded educators and administrators who are currently working to provide a global perspective in their classrooms, have a desire to immerse themselves in an international topic or region, and be enthusiastic about sharing their experience with their students and colleagues.
Applications must be received by 4pm on Monday, October 31st, 2016. They may be emailed (PDF or Word file), mailed or hand delivered to our office.
A grant of up to $2500 for study abroad or international conference attendance (and other eligible professional development opportunities abroad)
Recognition at the 2017 World Citizen Award Dinner
- Invitations to special Council programs and dinner receptions
- Lifetime Council membership
Past Council Scholars:
- Meet 2015-2016 Council Scholar Award Recipient: Brandi Lewis
- Meet 2014-2015 Council Scholar Award Recipient: Bruce Schulman
- Meet 2014-2016 Council Scholar Award Recipient: Kristen Wright
- Meet 2014-2015 Council scholar Award Recipient: Molly Rowland
- Meet 2014-2015 Council Scholar Award Recipient: Trish Boulanger
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WACC Mailing Address:
World Affairs Council of Charlotte
UNC Charlotte, CHHS 227
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28223
Please DO NOT attempt to fax your application. Your prompt attention is appreciated.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 704-687-7762.